Keywords: problem-solving, collaborative problem-solving, competency, competency model, competency framework
A number of reports and studies have shown that one of the key critical skills that will be in increasing demand is that of collaborative problem-solving. Reports by the OECD (Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development), the World Bank, and a variety of other studies have highlighted the development of collaborative problem-solving skills as an urgent need for organisations. Indeed, a number of governments have included collaborative problem-solving as a priority development area within their educational curricula, at all levels.
A new (2019) study looking at the underpinning competencies for collaborative problem solving has found that there are three primary facets to collaborative problem-solving and eight validated competencies.
This research briefing is essential reading for anyone engaged in competency development, learning and development/talent/management development and organisational development.
Get the full research briefing including all references
About our research briefings
Not a member?
Apply to join now and get:
- Weekly research briefings sent direct to you every week
- A copy of the Oxford Review containing between twelve and sixteen additional research briefings every month
- Research Infographics
- Video research briefings.
- Special reports / short literature reviews on topics that appear to be getting a lot of research attention or if there has been a recent shift in the thinking or theory
- The ability to request a watch list for new research in keyword areas (as long as it is within the realms of:
- Human resources (not legal aspects)
- Organisational development
- Organisational change
- Organisational learning
- Learning and development,
- Work Psychology
- Decision making
- Request specific research / brief literature reviews
- Access to the entire archive of previous research briefings, copies of the Oxford Review, infographics, video research briefings and special reports.
- Access to Live Reports – continually updated as new research on the topic is released
- Members only podcasts – research briefings in audio – coming soon
- Live continually updated reports
Be the most up-to-date person in the room
Be impressively well informed
Get the very latest research intelligence briefings, video research briefings, infographics and more sent direct to you as they are published
Be the most impressively well-informed and up-to-date person around...