Keywords: leadership, strategic fit, strategy, organisational leadership, organisational strategy, servant leadership, structure, organisational structure, organisation performance, organisational performance outcomes
Servant leadership is the most robust style of leadership, in terms of consistency and reliability of outcomes and influence on organisational performance and individual employee performance. As a result of recent findings that servant leadership tends to outperform all other forms of leadership style and provides more dependable results than other leadership styles such as transformational leadership, there has been a significant growth in both research and organisational interest in the concept.
However, in terms of research volumes, servant leadership has around 36,000 studies and transformational leadership approximately 150,000 studies. Whilst interest in servant leadership is increasing, in terms of volume, the majority of research effort is still biased towards studies about transformational leadership.
One of the issues that is still being explored by researchers around servant leadership are the boundary conditions which control and restrain or support and enhance the impact that servant leadership has within and on organisations.
This research briefing looks at a new study which looks at the alignment issues between servant leadership, organisational structure and organisational strategy and is particularly useful for anyone involved in leadership, leadership development and organisational development and strategy development.
Get the full research briefing including all references
About our research briefings
Not a member?
Apply to join now and get:
- Weekly research briefings sent direct to you every week
- A copy of the Oxford Review containing between twelve and sixteen additional research briefings every month
- Research Infographics
- Video research briefings.
- Special reports / short literature reviews on topics that appear to be getting a lot of research attention or if there has been a recent shift in the thinking or theory
- The ability to request a watch list for new research in keyword areas (as long as it is within the realms of:
- Human resources (not legal aspects)
- Organisational development
- Organisational change
- Organisational learning
- Learning and development,
- Work Psychology
- Decision making
- Request specific research / brief literature reviews
- Access to the entire archive of previous research briefings, copies of the Oxford Review, infographics, video research briefings and special reports.
- Access to Live Reports – continually updated as new research on the topic is released
- Members only podcasts – research briefings in audio – coming soon
- Live continually updated reports
Be the most up-to-date person in the room
Be impressively well informed
Get the very latest research intelligence briefings, video research briefings, infographics and more sent direct to you as they are published
Be the most impressively well-informed and up-to-date person around...