Keywords: knowledge transfer, knowledge, Action Learning, coaching, behaviour change, organisational learning, skills development, confidence, communities of practice
Effective communications is an essential skill in any context. The development of high levels of communication skills is a critical development need in most organisations. Sadly, the connection between knowledge/expertise and communication capability often appears to be in some form of inverse relationship!
Again, using just experiential learning as a vehicle for individuals’ ability to learn and improve the effectiveness of their communication skills is often somewhat less than desirable. Anything that helps to increase the effectiveness of communications and knowledge sharing in organisations can only be an advantage.
A new (2019) research study f has looked at whether Action Learning can be used to impact the levels of knowledge, skills and confidence of learners developing communication skills. This research briefing will be useful for anyone interested in Action Learning and Communication Skills Development.
Get the full research briefing including all references
About our research briefings
Not a member?
Apply to join now and get:
- Weekly research briefings sent direct to you every week
- A copy of the Oxford Review containing between twelve and sixteen additional research briefings every month
- Research Infographics
- Video research briefings.
- Special reports / short literature reviews on topics that appear to be getting a lot of research attention or if there has been a recent shift in the thinking or theory
- The ability to request a watch list for new research in keyword areas (as long as it is within the realms of:
- Human resources (not legal aspects)
- Organisational development
- Organisational change
- Organisational learning
- Learning and development,
- Work Psychology
- Decision making
- Request specific research / brief literature reviews
- Access to the entire archive of previous research briefings, copies of the Oxford Review, infographics, video research briefings and special reports.
- Access to Live Reports – continually updated as new research on the topic is released
- Members only podcasts – research briefings in audio – coming soon
- Live continually updated reports
Be the most up-to-date person in the room
Be impressively well informed
Get the very latest research intelligence briefings, video research briefings, infographics and more sent direct to you as they are published
Be the most impressively well-informed and up-to-date person around...