Keywords: Entrepreneurial motivation. Entrepreneurship, Expectancy theory, Self- employment, belief, effort, self-efficacy
There is a continual question with entrepreneurship about whether people can learn to be a good entrepreneur or whether the best entrepreneurs are those who have the ability and aptitude for entrepreneurship.
A new study
A new study looked at this very issue during the aftermath of the 2008 financial crisis, when unemployment across much of the Western world increased significantly, forcing many people into self-employment. A team of researchers from the Department of Business Science at the University of Castilla-La Mancha in Spain were interested in whether the people who had been forced into self-employment and entrepreneurship were doing as well as those who seem to have a natural inclination towards founding, building and running their own business. They decided to investigate this question through what is known as Expectancy Theory
Get the full research briefing including all references
About our research briefings
Not a member?
Apply to join now and get:
- Weekly research briefings sent direct to you every week
- A copy of the Oxford Review containing between twelve and sixteen additional research briefings every month
- Research Infographics
- Video research briefings.
- Special reports / short literature reviews on topics that appear to be getting a lot of research attention or if there has been a recent shift in the thinking or theory
- The ability to request a watch list for new research in keyword areas (as long as it is within the realms of:
- Human resources (not legal aspects)
- Organisational development
- Organisational change
- Organisational learning
- Learning and development,
- Work Psychology
- Decision making
- Request specific research / brief literature reviews
- Access to the entire archive of previous research briefings, copies of the Oxford Review, infographics, video research briefings and special reports.
- Access to Live Reports – continually updated as new research on the topic is released
- Members only podcasts – research briefings in audio – coming soon
- Live continually updated reports
Be the most up-to-date person in the room
Be impressively well informed
Get the very latest research intelligence briefings, video research briefings, infographics and more sent direct to you as they are published
Be the most impressively well-informed and up-to-date person around...