A new study about to be published in the International Journal of Stress Management examines why some people suffer from fatigue and exhaustion at work and negative feelings at home. The in-depth study followed and monitored 74 nurses over several shift cycles at work and also monitored their behaviours and mood at home.
What the researchers discovered was that those nurses who suffered from fatigue at work also had significantly higher levels of exhaustion at home and were much more likely to suffer from negative feelings generally. This ‘negative affect’ effect was particularly prominent for these workers at night. Any problems with sleep exacerbated these issues.
Get the full research briefing including all references
About our research briefings
Not a member?
Apply to join now and get:
- Weekly research briefings sent direct to you every week
- A copy of the Oxford Review containing between twelve and sixteen additional research briefings every month
- Research Infographics
- Video research briefings.
- Special reports / short literature reviews on topics that appear to be getting a lot of research attention or if there has been a recent shift in the thinking or theory
- The ability to request a watch list for new research in keyword areas (as long as it is within the realms of:
- Human resources (not legal aspects)
- Organisational development
- Organisational change
- Organisational learning
- Learning and development,
- Work Psychology
- Decision making
- Request specific research / brief literature reviews
- Access to the entire archive of previous research briefings, copies of the Oxford Review, infographics, video research briefings and special reports.
- Access to Live Reports – continually updated as new research on the topic is released
- Members only podcasts – research briefings in audio – coming soon
- Live continually updated reports
Be the most up-to-date person in the room
Be impressively well informed
Get the very latest research intelligence briefings, video research briefings, infographics and more sent direct to you as they are published
Be the most impressively well-informed and up-to-date person around...