Challenges of the 70: 20: 10 learning ecosystem | The Oxford Review

Challenges of the 70: 20: 10 learning ecosystem

Research Briefing

The concept of 70:20:10 learning has been around for some time and was derived from a combination of efficiency savings in companies seeking to maximise employees’ time at work whilst reducing their abstraction time and from a concept that informal ‘on the job’ learning is ‘natural learning’.

The 70:20:10 model is a system where:

  • 10% of an employee’s time is spent in a formal learning environment such as a classroom or training events
  • 20% in supervision or under coaching or mentoring from a line manager, while
  • 70% of their learning experience is at work practising those skills taught in the other 30% of the time.

Get the full research briefing including all references

 

About our research briefings

 

Not a member?

Apply to join now and get:

 

  1. Weekly research briefings sent direct to you every week
  2. A copy of the Oxford Review containing between twelve and sixteen additional research briefings every month
  3. Research Infographics
  4. Video research briefings.
  5. Special reports / short literature reviews on topics that appear to be getting a lot of research attention or if there has been a recent shift in the thinking or theory
  6. The ability to request a watch list for new research in keyword areas (as long as it is within the realms of:
    1. Leadership
    2. Management
    3. Human resources (not legal aspects)
    4. Organisational development
    5. Organisational change
    6. Organisational learning
    7. Learning and development,
    8. Coaching
    9. Work Psychology
    10. Decision making
  7. Request specific research / brief literature reviews
  8. Access to the entire archive of previous research briefings, copies of the Oxford Review, infographics, video research briefings and special reports.
  9. Access to Live Reports – continually updated as new research on the topic is released
  10. Members only podcasts – research briefings in audio – coming soon
  11. Live continually updated reports

 

Be the most up-to-date person in the room

Apply to join now

Disclaimer: This is a research review, expert interpretation and briefing. As such it contains other studies, expert comment and practitioner advice. It is not a copy of the original study – which is referenced. The original study should be consulted and referenced in all cases. This research briefing is for informational and educational purposes only. We do not accept any liability for the use to which this review and briefing is put or for it or the research accuracy, reliability or validity. This briefing as an original work in its own right and is copyright © Oxford Review Enterprises Ltd 2016-2019. Any use made of this briefing is entirely at your own risk.

Be impressively well informed

Librarysmileherobg

Get the very latest research intelligence briefings, video research briefings, infographics and more sent direct to you as they are published

Be the most impressively well-informed and up-to-date person around...

Powered by ConvertKit
Like what you see? Help us spread the word