Keywords: organisational development, sales, sales effectiveness, sales people performance, sales performance, salesperson measurement
In many organisations one of the central functions is sales. No sales, no business. Business and consumer buying behaviour has changed significantly over the years, particularly with the advent of the internet, e-commerce and other sales routes. As a result of this change in buying landscape, and with modern hypercompetitive and increasingly complex business environments, the question arises as to whether the current measures and descriptions of what constitutes an effective salesperson are still valid.
This research briefing gives you the entire lowdown on the characteristics of a successful sales person and is essential reading for anyone involved in sales management, developing sales capability in organisations or involved in sales person development.
Get the full research briefing including all references
About our research briefings
Not a member?
Apply to join now and get:
- Weekly research briefings sent direct to you every week
- A copy of the Oxford Review containing between twelve and sixteen additional research briefings every month
- Research Infographics
- Video research briefings.
- Special reports / short literature reviews on topics that appear to be getting a lot of research attention or if there has been a recent shift in the thinking or theory
- The ability to request a watch list for new research in keyword areas (as long as it is within the realms of:
- Human resources (not legal aspects)
- Organisational development
- Organisational change
- Organisational learning
- Learning and development,
- Work Psychology
- Decision making
- Request specific research / brief literature reviews
- Access to the entire archive of previous research briefings, copies of the Oxford Review, infographics, video research briefings and special reports.
- Access to Live Reports – continually updated as new research on the topic is released
- Members only podcasts – research briefings in audio – coming soon
- Live continually updated reports
Be the most up-to-date person in the room
Be impressively well informed
Get the very latest research intelligence briefings, video research briefings, infographics and more sent direct to you as they are published
Be the most impressively well-informed and up-to-date person around...