Keywords: lean, lean manufacturing, lean design, lean innovation, lean thinking, lean startup, lean six Sigma, lean strategies, lean strategy, research failure
We have just come across what, initially, appeared to be a promising study…
Lean strategies and ideology are now fairly main stream, not just in manufacturing; they have spread across other sectors, such as finance, health and the service sectors, for example. The process of lean really came to prominence in the late 1980s, as a result of Toyota’s production and business optimisation processes. The basic philosophy and principal behind lean is to minimise waste in production processes or to remove nonproductive and redundant activity, whilst at the same time increasing and maximising customer value.
Lean strategies have revolutionised production processes, firstly in automotive engineering and then in aircraft production, IT and general management services. Now, almost 40 years later, there are a range of lean strategies being implemented in organisations around the world.
Get the full research briefing including all references
About our research briefings
Not a member?
Apply to join now and get:
- Weekly research briefings sent direct to you every week
- A copy of the Oxford Review containing between twelve and sixteen additional research briefings every month
- Research Infographics
- Video research briefings.
- Special reports / short literature reviews on topics that appear to be getting a lot of research attention or if there has been a recent shift in the thinking or theory
- The ability to request a watch list for new research in keyword areas (as long as it is within the realms of:
- Human resources (not legal aspects)
- Organisational development
- Organisational change
- Organisational learning
- Learning and development,
- Work Psychology
- Decision making
- Request specific research / brief literature reviews
- Access to the entire archive of previous research briefings, copies of the Oxford Review, infographics, video research briefings and special reports.
- Access to Live Reports – continually updated as new research on the topic is released
- Members only podcasts – research briefings in audio – coming soon
- Live continually updated reports
Be the most up-to-date person in the room
Be impressively well informed
Get the very latest research intelligence briefings, video research briefings, infographics and more sent direct to you as they are published
Be the most impressively well-informed and up-to-date person around...