Looking at the two consumer electronics behemoths Apple and Microsoft one may be led to believe that having the visionary who founded the business at the tiller while it goes from a garage based business to a multibillion dollar company is essential. But this is far from it…
Far from it – new research that looked at over 6000 US IT and life sciences companies found that often the founder devalues the company by between 17.1 – 22% by retaining control of the business after three years of operation. In short, if you as an entrepreneur wants your ‘baby’ to grow into a giant, you should make succession plans at an early stage and bring in professionals to run the company for you.
Get the full research briefing including all references
About our research briefings
Not a member?
Apply to join now and get:
- Weekly research briefings sent direct to you every week
- A copy of the Oxford Review containing between twelve and sixteen additional research briefings every month
- Research Infographics
- Video research briefings.
- Special reports / short literature reviews on topics that appear to be getting a lot of research attention or if there has been a recent shift in the thinking or theory
- The ability to request a watch list for new research in keyword areas (as long as it is within the realms of:
- Human resources (not legal aspects)
- Organisational development
- Organisational change
- Organisational learning
- Learning and development,
- Work Psychology
- Decision making
- Request specific research / brief literature reviews
- Access to the entire archive of previous research briefings, copies of the Oxford Review, infographics, video research briefings and special reports.
- Access to Live Reports – continually updated as new research on the topic is released
- Members only podcasts – research briefings in audio – coming soon
- Live continually updated reports
Be the most up-to-date person in the room
Be impressively well informed
Get the very latest research intelligence briefings, video research briefings, infographics and more sent direct to you as they are published
Be the most impressively well-informed and up-to-date person around...