Do you have a more positive orientation to life or do things get you down easily? And how quickly do you bounce back? Do you believe that being more positive means you are more likely to achieve your goals?
Some fascinating new research has been looking at these questions and in particular if having a positive mind-set makes a difference to whether entrepreneurs are successful or not.
Looking at the most successful entrepreneurs of the modern day, a number of stereotypes emerge about their character and the acclaimed role of positive thinking. The late Steve Jobs of Apple was a driven man always seeking to break new ground and then dominate it. He drove his staff just as hard as he did himself and expected nothing short of perfection from himself and his core team. His relentlessly positive outlook (or so the story goes) took his business through some huge highs and lows. This in turn led Apple from his parents’ garage in California to being one of the biggest companies in the world today.
Get the full research briefing including all references
About our research briefings
Not a member?
Apply to join now and get:
- Weekly research briefings sent direct to you every week
- A copy of the Oxford Review containing between twelve and sixteen additional research briefings every month
- Research Infographics
- Video research briefings.
- Special reports / short literature reviews on topics that appear to be getting a lot of research attention or if there has been a recent shift in the thinking or theory
- The ability to request a watch list for new research in keyword areas (as long as it is within the realms of:
- Human resources (not legal aspects)
- Organisational development
- Organisational change
- Organisational learning
- Learning and development,
- Work Psychology
- Decision making
- Request specific research / brief literature reviews
- Access to the entire archive of previous research briefings, copies of the Oxford Review, infographics, video research briefings and special reports.
- Access to Live Reports – continually updated as new research on the topic is released
- Members only podcasts – research briefings in audio – coming soon
- Live continually updated reports
Be the most up-to-date person in the room
Be impressively well informed
Get the very latest research intelligence briefings, video research briefings, infographics and more sent direct to you as they are published
Be the most impressively well-informed and up-to-date person around...