An interesting study just published in the journal, Psychological Trauma: Theory, Research, Practice, and Policy, looked at recovery rates of people traumatised following campus shootings in the US and Norway and what helped the most.
Trauma – it’s not all negative
What recent research has discovered is that trauma is not all negative. Most of us will experience a trauma at some point in our lives, even if it is not as dramatic as a terrorist incident, warfare or a college shooting as was the focus of this study. The death of a loved one, the loss of a job, an assault or an accident are all examples of traumatic incidents.
Two post-trauma responses
Post-traumatic responses fall into two categories:
- Post-Traumatic Stress, and
- Post-Traumatic Growth.
Get the full research briefing including all references
About our research briefings
Not a member?
Apply to join now and get:
- Weekly research briefings sent direct to you every week
- A copy of the Oxford Review containing between twelve and sixteen additional research briefings every month
- Research Infographics
- Video research briefings.
- Special reports / short literature reviews on topics that appear to be getting a lot of research attention or if there has been a recent shift in the thinking or theory
- The ability to request a watch list for new research in keyword areas (as long as it is within the realms of:
- Human resources (not legal aspects)
- Organisational development
- Organisational change
- Organisational learning
- Learning and development,
- Work Psychology
- Decision making
- Request specific research / brief literature reviews
- Access to the entire archive of previous research briefings, copies of the Oxford Review, infographics, video research briefings and special reports.
- Access to Live Reports – continually updated as new research on the topic is released
- Members only podcasts – research briefings in audio – coming soon
- Live continually updated reports
Be the most up-to-date person in the room
Be impressively well informed
Get the very latest research intelligence briefings, video research briefings, infographics and more sent direct to you as they are published
Be the most impressively well-informed and up-to-date person around...