Keywords: mindfulness, mind wandering, attention, prospective memory, attentional resources, well-ness, memory, psychology
There have been a lot of claims for mindfulness, including increased resourcefulness, low levels of anxiety, increased attentional capability, lower levels of mind wandering and better levels of memory, for example.
However, the amount of rigorous research looking at some of these claims is in some cases scant. There is currently an increase in the level of research interest into the impact of mindfulness to see what effects it really has.
A new study
A new (2019) study looking at the impact of mindfulness on attention and what is known as prospective memory has been conducted by a team of researchers from the Laboratoire Mémoire, Cerveau & Cognition and the Institut de Psychologie, of the Université Paris Descartes, the Université Sorbonne Paris-Cité, and the Institut Universitaire de France (IUF).
Get the full research briefing including all references
About our research briefings
Not a member?
Apply to join now and get:
- Weekly research briefings sent direct to you every week
- A copy of the Oxford Review containing between twelve and sixteen additional research briefings every month
- Research Infographics
- Video research briefings.
- Special reports / short literature reviews on topics that appear to be getting a lot of research attention or if there has been a recent shift in the thinking or theory
- The ability to request a watch list for new research in keyword areas (as long as it is within the realms of:
- Human resources (not legal aspects)
- Organisational development
- Organisational change
- Organisational learning
- Learning and development,
- Work Psychology
- Decision making
- Request specific research / brief literature reviews
- Access to the entire archive of previous research briefings, copies of the Oxford Review, infographics, video research briefings and special reports.
- Access to Live Reports – continually updated as new research on the topic is released
- Members only podcasts – research briefings in audio – coming soon
- Live continually updated reports
Be the most up-to-date person in the room
Be impressively well informed
Get the very latest research intelligence briefings, video research briefings, infographics and more sent direct to you as they are published
Be the most impressively well-informed and up-to-date person around...