Does the commitment of the board of directors of an organisation impact enterprise risk management implementation?
Keywords: enterprise risk management, board of directors, senior management commitment, chief risk officer, risk culture, risk, organisational risk
There has been a fashion in the research world recently for looking at what impact the commitment of senior management has on a range of organisational issues such as employee commitment, trust, innovation etc. A new study looking at the impact that senior management’s commitment to risk management has on Enterprise Risk Management implementation and operation. Virtually all the studies report that senior management (Board of Director level, senior leaders and managers) report, unsurprisingly, that the senior leadership commitment is a key factor in just about every issue looked at.
But is it the same for Enterprise Risk Management implementation and operation?
These are some surprising findings in this study which anyone engaged in risk management will want to know about.
Get the full research briefing including all references
About our research briefings
Not a member?
Apply to join now and get:
- Weekly research briefings sent direct to you every week
- A copy of the Oxford Review containing between twelve and sixteen additional research briefings every month
- Research Infographics
- Video research briefings.
- Special reports / short literature reviews on topics that appear to be getting a lot of research attention or if there has been a recent shift in the thinking or theory
- The ability to request a watch list for new research in keyword areas (as long as it is within the realms of:
- Human resources (not legal aspects)
- Organisational development
- Organisational change
- Organisational learning
- Learning and development,
- Work Psychology
- Decision making
- Request specific research / brief literature reviews
- Access to the entire archive of previous research briefings, copies of the Oxford Review, infographics, video research briefings and special reports.
- Access to Live Reports – continually updated as new research on the topic is released
- Members only podcasts – research briefings in audio – coming soon
- Live continually updated reports
Be the most up-to-date person in the room
Be impressively well informed
Get the very latest research intelligence briefings, video research briefings, infographics and more sent direct to you as they are published
Be the most impressively well-informed and up-to-date person around...