Keywords: employee voice, culture, organisational culture, national culture,multicultural
There has been an explosion of studies around employee voice (haw ready employees are to speak out and give feedback or voice concerns). The primary reason for this explosion in research interest around employee voice is the fact that it is associated with a wide range of positive outcomes for both employees and managers, as well as organisations.
A new study conducted a wide-ranging literary review of previous peer-reviewed research to see what can be learned about how employee voice is impacted by national culture. It is clear that not every employee will feel the same level of capability to engage in employee voice behaviours. In part, this disparity between employees will be based on individual perceptions of safety and anxiety levels and individual levels of trust and sense of effectiveness. However, this study wanted to know what impact national culture actually have on employee voice behaviours, particularly in multicultural organisations?
This is very useful study for managers, leaders, HR and Org Dev professionals, particularly those working in or consulting to multicultural / multinational organisations.
Get the full research briefing including all references
About our research briefings
Not a member?
Apply to join now and get:
- Weekly research briefings sent direct to you every week
- A copy of the Oxford Review containing between twelve and sixteen additional research briefings every month
- Research Infographics
- Video research briefings.
- Special reports / short literature reviews on topics that appear to be getting a lot of research attention or if there has been a recent shift in the thinking or theory
- The ability to request a watch list for new research in keyword areas (as long as it is within the realms of:
- Human resources (not legal aspects)
- Organisational development
- Organisational change
- Organisational learning
- Learning and development,
- Work Psychology
- Decision making
- Request specific research / brief literature reviews
- Access to the entire archive of previous research briefings, copies of the Oxford Review, infographics, video research briefings and special reports.
- Access to Live Reports – continually updated as new research on the topic is released
- Members only podcasts – research briefings in audio – coming soon
- Live continually updated reports
Be the most up-to-date person in the room
Be impressively well informed
Get the very latest research intelligence briefings, video research briefings, infographics and more sent direct to you as they are published
Be the most impressively well-informed and up-to-date person around...