How an organisation’s values develop a better climate which contributes to more useful organisational citizenship behaviours
Keywords: organisational climate, organisational citizenship behaviours, organisational performance, commitment, empowerment, paradox, organisational values
Research in recent years has found that positive organisational citizenship behaviours or OCB’s are a significant predictor of organisational performance. Further, it has been found that a number of important factors within the organisational work environment are critical for creating the conditions that bring about organisational citizenship behaviours. One important factor in producing good organisational citizenship behaviours has been found to be the organisational climate.
A new study by a team of researchers from a number of universities in America and China looked more closely at the relationship between organisational climate and OCBs to see if they could find what factors within the organisational climate would predict good OCBs. In particular, the researchers looked at the role of organisational values in this relationship.
Get the full research briefing including all references
About our research briefings
Not a member?
Apply to join now and get:
- Weekly research briefings sent direct to you every week
- A copy of the Oxford Review containing between twelve and sixteen additional research briefings every month
- Research Infographics
- Video research briefings.
- Special reports / short literature reviews on topics that appear to be getting a lot of research attention or if there has been a recent shift in the thinking or theory
- The ability to request a watch list for new research in keyword areas (as long as it is within the realms of:
- Human resources (not legal aspects)
- Organisational development
- Organisational change
- Organisational learning
- Learning and development,
- Work Psychology
- Decision making
- Request specific research / brief literature reviews
- Access to the entire archive of previous research briefings, copies of the Oxford Review, infographics, video research briefings and special reports.
- Access to Live Reports – continually updated as new research on the topic is released
- Members only podcasts – research briefings in audio – coming soon
- Live continually updated reports
Be the most up-to-date person in the room
Be impressively well informed
Get the very latest research intelligence briefings, video research briefings, infographics and more sent direct to you as they are published
Be the most impressively well-informed and up-to-date person around...