How bicultural knowledge, skills, abilities and other experiences impact organisations and entrepreneurism
Keywords: bicultural skills, biculturalism, entrepreneurial orientation, biculturals monocultural, organisational culture
Due to ever-increasing human mobility, the internationalization of trade and business and relatively large-scale relocation, there is a growing issue around biculturalism. Biculturalism refers to a situation whereby an individual from one culture, country or region relocates and adapts to the culture of a new host country or culture in a manner whereby they are comfortable and can operate effectively in both cultural settings.
Previous studies found that biculturalism can promote cognitive, affective (emotional and values/beliefs) and skills flexibility and adaptability that are not always witnessed in bilingual or monocultural individuals.
Get the full research briefing including all references
About our research briefings
Not a member?
Apply to join now and get:
- Weekly research briefings sent direct to you every week
- A copy of the Oxford Review containing between twelve and sixteen additional research briefings every month
- Research Infographics
- Video research briefings.
- Special reports / short literature reviews on topics that appear to be getting a lot of research attention or if there has been a recent shift in the thinking or theory
- The ability to request a watch list for new research in keyword areas (as long as it is within the realms of:
- Human resources (not legal aspects)
- Organisational development
- Organisational change
- Organisational learning
- Learning and development,
- Work Psychology
- Decision making
- Request specific research / brief literature reviews
- Access to the entire archive of previous research briefings, copies of the Oxford Review, infographics, video research briefings and special reports.
- Access to Live Reports – continually updated as new research on the topic is released
- Members only podcasts – research briefings in audio – coming soon
- Live continually updated reports
Be the most up-to-date person in the room
Be impressively well informed
Get the very latest research intelligence briefings, video research briefings, infographics and more sent direct to you as they are published
Be the most impressively well-informed and up-to-date person around...