Keywords: learning, e-learning, online learning, distributed learning, distance learning, knowledge, skills, knowledge development, skills development, healthcare
Probably the largest change to learning in recent years is the advent and adoption of e-learning or online/distributed learning in organisations. More and more topics and aspects of organisational learning are now being delivered through e-learning methods. However, it is important to note that e-learning is not just about a delivery method, but rather it is underpinned by an entire pedagogical approach as to what types of learning are effective in what contexts.
A number of previous studies have shown that e-learning can be effective, especially when it involves active, interactive, and collaborative learning approaches and is particularly useful in asynchronous environments.
E-learning has been extensively studied in a range of different contexts and, in particular, the medical education arena, where a lot of scholarly and evidence-based research has been conducted.
Get the full research briefing including all references
About our research briefings
Not a member?
Apply to join now and get:
- Weekly research briefings sent direct to you every week
- A copy of the Oxford Review containing between twelve and sixteen additional research briefings every month
- Research Infographics
- Video research briefings.
- Special reports / short literature reviews on topics that appear to be getting a lot of research attention or if there has been a recent shift in the thinking or theory
- The ability to request a watch list for new research in keyword areas (as long as it is within the realms of:
- Human resources (not legal aspects)
- Organisational development
- Organisational change
- Organisational learning
- Learning and development,
- Work Psychology
- Decision making
- Request specific research / brief literature reviews
- Access to the entire archive of previous research briefings, copies of the Oxford Review, infographics, video research briefings and special reports.
- Access to Live Reports – continually updated as new research on the topic is released
- Members only podcasts – research briefings in audio – coming soon
- Live continually updated reports
Be the most up-to-date person in the room
Be impressively well informed
Get the very latest research intelligence briefings, video research briefings, infographics and more sent direct to you as they are published
Be the most impressively well-informed and up-to-date person around...