Keywords: project management, stakeholders, stakeholders, strategic actions, influence, external stakeholders, influencing strategies
A number of studies have shown what most project managers have known for a long time – that external stakeholders can have a significant impact on projects and project management. A 2014 study showed that external stakeholders can also have a significant impact on the entire project environment.
Hitherto, however, only a relatively small amount of research has been conducted looking at the impact and influence external stakeholders have on projects.
This research briefing is essential reading for anyone involved in project management and in particular project managers and leaders.
Get the full research briefing including all references
About our research briefings
Not a member?
Apply to join now and get:
- Weekly research briefings sent direct to you every week
- A copy of the Oxford Review containing between twelve and sixteen additional research briefings every month
- Research Infographics
- Video research briefings.
- Special reports / short literature reviews on topics that appear to be getting a lot of research attention or if there has been a recent shift in the thinking or theory
- The ability to request a watch list for new research in keyword areas (as long as it is within the realms of:
- Human resources (not legal aspects)
- Organisational development
- Organisational change
- Organisational learning
- Learning and development,
- Work Psychology
- Decision making
- Request specific research / brief literature reviews
- Access to the entire archive of previous research briefings, copies of the Oxford Review, infographics, video research briefings and special reports.
- Access to Live Reports – continually updated as new research on the topic is released
- Members only podcasts – research briefings in audio – coming soon
- Live continually updated reports
Be the most up-to-date person in the room
Be impressively well informed
Get the very latest research intelligence briefings, video research briefings, infographics and more sent direct to you as they are published
Be the most impressively well-informed and up-to-date person around...