Keywords: Strategy formation, corporate strategy, organisational strategy, business planning, uncertainty, volatility, complexity, ambiguity, scenario planning
Many organisations are now having to function in a volatile, uncertain, complex and ambiguous environment, where fast-paced change, particularly in terms of exponential growth the disruptive capabilities of computer and digital-based technologies is becoming the norm.
This dynamic and constantly shifting environment causes immense problems for the development of medium to long-term strategic direction for organisations. It seems that no sooner has a strategy been developed than some form of disruptive technology or business model comes along and renders the existing strategy obsolete. This has led some to believe that the only way forward is to form short-term strategies with constant revision.
Get the full research briefing including all references
About our research briefings
Not a member?
Apply to join now and get:
- Weekly research briefings sent direct to you every week
- A copy of the Oxford Review containing between twelve and sixteen additional research briefings every month
- Research Infographics
- Video research briefings.
- Special reports / short literature reviews on topics that appear to be getting a lot of research attention or if there has been a recent shift in the thinking or theory
- The ability to request a watch list for new research in keyword areas (as long as it is within the realms of:
- Human resources (not legal aspects)
- Organisational development
- Organisational change
- Organisational learning
- Learning and development,
- Work Psychology
- Decision making
- Request specific research / brief literature reviews
- Access to the entire archive of previous research briefings, copies of the Oxford Review, infographics, video research briefings and special reports.
- Access to Live Reports – continually updated as new research on the topic is released
- Members only podcasts – research briefings in audio – coming soon
- Live continually updated reports
Be the most up-to-date person in the room
Be impressively well informed
Get the very latest research intelligence briefings, video research briefings, infographics and more sent direct to you as they are published
Be the most impressively well-informed and up-to-date person around...