Keywords: human resources, human resource management, HR, HRM, research practice gap, big data
If you go to any decent research database and type in the search term ‘human resource management’ you are quite likely to experience a deluge, as there have been in excess of 1,030,000 peer-reviewed research papers on this topic. This year alone (2018) there have been over 18,600 peer-reviewed research papers published to do with human resource management.
Clearly, as a general topic HRM is ‘hot’. However, what are the trends and what are the areas of interest within this broad research area? Given that there has been burgeoning interest in big data, it was only a matter of time before researchers decided to turn big data mapping processes onto this topic.
Get the full research briefing including all references
About our research briefings
Not a member?
Apply to join now and get:
- Weekly research briefings sent direct to you every week
- A copy of the Oxford Review containing between twelve and sixteen additional research briefings every month
- Research Infographics
- Video research briefings.
- Special reports / short literature reviews on topics that appear to be getting a lot of research attention or if there has been a recent shift in the thinking or theory
- The ability to request a watch list for new research in keyword areas (as long as it is within the realms of:
- Human resources (not legal aspects)
- Organisational development
- Organisational change
- Organisational learning
- Learning and development,
- Work Psychology
- Decision making
- Request specific research / brief literature reviews
- Access to the entire archive of previous research briefings, copies of the Oxford Review, infographics, video research briefings and special reports.
- Access to Live Reports – continually updated as new research on the topic is released
- Members only podcasts – research briefings in audio – coming soon
- Live continually updated reports
Be the most up-to-date person in the room
Be impressively well informed
Get the very latest research intelligence briefings, video research briefings, infographics and more sent direct to you as they are published
Be the most impressively well-informed and up-to-date person around...