Keywords: R&D, research and development, effectiveness, social skills, knowledge management, knowledge sharing, job performance
Research and development (R&D) personnel are a critical source of ideas and competitive advantage for many organisations. The question as to what behaviour skills affect their job performance is an important area of research. A number of studies have looked at the skills and behaviours involved in high performing R&D functions. Previous studies have found that R&D personnel need to be good at:
1. Identifying a problem or an opportunity
2. Collecting knowledge or resources
3. Generating ideas
4. Evaluating ideas
5. Modifying ideas
6. Communicating ideas
7. Implementing or facilitating the implementation of ideas.
R&D personnel are a critical component of many organisations innovation capability and as such their effectiveness, creativity and job performance is often central to the performance of the organisation as a whole.
Get the full research briefing including all references
About our research briefings
Not a member?
Apply to join now and get:
- Weekly research briefings sent direct to you every week
- A copy of the Oxford Review containing between twelve and sixteen additional research briefings every month
- Research Infographics
- Video research briefings.
- Special reports / short literature reviews on topics that appear to be getting a lot of research attention or if there has been a recent shift in the thinking or theory
- The ability to request a watch list for new research in keyword areas (as long as it is within the realms of:
- Human resources (not legal aspects)
- Organisational development
- Organisational change
- Organisational learning
- Learning and development,
- Work Psychology
- Decision making
- Request specific research / brief literature reviews
- Access to the entire archive of previous research briefings, copies of the Oxford Review, infographics, video research briefings and special reports.
- Access to Live Reports – continually updated as new research on the topic is released
- Members only podcasts – research briefings in audio – coming soon
- Live continually updated reports
Be the most up-to-date person in the room
Be impressively well informed
Get the very latest research intelligence briefings, video research briefings, infographics and more sent direct to you as they are published
Be the most impressively well-informed and up-to-date person around...