Keywords: CBT, workplace well-being, well-being, cognitive behavioural therapy, absenteeism
NICE – the National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence – in the UK recommends CBT or Cognitive Behavioural Therapy as part of a range of therapies and interventions to help people with issues that lead to frequent short-term absences or long-term sick absence from work due to mental health issues. Across the UK, approximately half of long-term sickness absences are due to mental health issues, costing over £26bn a year in the UK alone. Surprisingly however, there are virtually no randomised clinical trials or studies about the effectiveness of CBT in work-place contexts for mental health issues.
Get the full research briefing including all references
About our research briefings
Not a member?
Apply to join now and get:
- Weekly research briefings sent direct to you every week
- A copy of the Oxford Review containing between twelve and sixteen additional research briefings every month
- Research Infographics
- Video research briefings.
- Special reports / short literature reviews on topics that appear to be getting a lot of research attention or if there has been a recent shift in the thinking or theory
- The ability to request a watch list for new research in keyword areas (as long as it is within the realms of:
- Human resources (not legal aspects)
- Organisational development
- Organisational change
- Organisational learning
- Learning and development,
- Work Psychology
- Decision making
- Request specific research / brief literature reviews
- Access to the entire archive of previous research briefings, copies of the Oxford Review, infographics, video research briefings and special reports.
- Access to Live Reports – continually updated as new research on the topic is released
- Members only podcasts – research briefings in audio – coming soon
- Live continually updated reports
Be the most up-to-date person in the room
Be impressively well informed
Get the very latest research intelligence briefings, video research briefings, infographics and more sent direct to you as they are published
Be the most impressively well-informed and up-to-date person around...