Keywords: executive coaching, coaching, coaching effectiveness, behaviour change, learning and development methods, learning and development
An intriguing, new (waiting to be published) study by a team of researchers from the University of the Basque Country, in Leioa, Spain, has looked at the effectiveness of executive coaching and measured it against other forms of management training and development in a comparative study.
Many organisations understand the need for continual development of managers, particularly in the face of continual change especially in situations of hyper- competitiveness and market volatility. However, which form of development method is the most effective is usually down to a judgement call within the human resources or learning development functions in the organisation. Many of these decisions are based on tradition and scale, rather than any form of research evidence.
Get the full research briefing including all references
About our research briefings
Not a member?
Apply to join now and get:
- Weekly research briefings sent direct to you every week
- A copy of the Oxford Review containing between twelve and sixteen additional research briefings every month
- Research Infographics
- Video research briefings.
- Special reports / short literature reviews on topics that appear to be getting a lot of research attention or if there has been a recent shift in the thinking or theory
- The ability to request a watch list for new research in keyword areas (as long as it is within the realms of:
- Human resources (not legal aspects)
- Organisational development
- Organisational change
- Organisational learning
- Learning and development,
- Work Psychology
- Decision making
- Request specific research / brief literature reviews
- Access to the entire archive of previous research briefings, copies of the Oxford Review, infographics, video research briefings and special reports.
- Access to Live Reports – continually updated as new research on the topic is released
- Members only podcasts – research briefings in audio – coming soon
- Live continually updated reports
Be the most up-to-date person in the room
Be impressively well informed
Get the very latest research intelligence briefings, video research briefings, infographics and more sent direct to you as they are published
Be the most impressively well-informed and up-to-date person around...