Keywords: business intelligence, performance management, decision-making, strategic decision making, artificial intelligence, data analysis
Whilst many organisations make use of business intelligence systems for activities such as budgeting, operational and financial reporting, service analytics, performance reporting, market and sales analysis, for example, using business intelligence systems for management decision-making within the organisation is less common. More recently, corporate performance management systems have started to evolve which amalgamate business intelligence data with management practice information to enable better performance management decision-making.
Hitherto, there have been few studies looking at the impact of such systems on dayto-day management practices within organisations. The advent of AI (artificial intelligence), and advanced analytics that use big data and data mining, has provided opportunities for new, more integrated business intelligence systems that go beyond the normal transactional information provided by more traditional business intelligence systems. These newer, more integrated systems are starting to help with:
that has, in practice, traditionally been the preserve of business and management analytics.
Get the full research briefing including all references
About our research briefings
Not a member?
Apply to join now and get:
- Weekly research briefings sent direct to you every week
- A copy of the Oxford Review containing between twelve and sixteen additional research briefings every month
- Research Infographics
- Video research briefings.
- Special reports / short literature reviews on topics that appear to be getting a lot of research attention or if there has been a recent shift in the thinking or theory
- The ability to request a watch list for new research in keyword areas (as long as it is within the realms of:
- Human resources (not legal aspects)
- Organisational development
- Organisational change
- Organisational learning
- Learning and development,
- Work Psychology
- Decision making
- Request specific research / brief literature reviews
- Access to the entire archive of previous research briefings, copies of the Oxford Review, infographics, video research briefings and special reports.
- Access to Live Reports – continually updated as new research on the topic is released
- Members only podcasts – research briefings in audio – coming soon
- Live continually updated reports
Be the most up-to-date person in the room
Be impressively well informed
Get the very latest research intelligence briefings, video research briefings, infographics and more sent direct to you as they are published
Be the most impressively well-informed and up-to-date person around...