Keywords: Lean, lean systems, lean implementation, organisational ambidexterity, structural ambidexterity, contextual ambidexterity
As you might expect, the outcomes from lean implementation programmes and organisations tend to achieve variable outcomes. When you consider the number of variables that are involved in a complex project like implementing lean in, or across, an organisation, it is hardly surprising that there is great variance in the results achieved.
A number of previous research studies looking at what factors make the biggest difference when implementing lean processes in an organisation have found that the outcomes achieved and the outcomes anticipated are significantly different more often than not. This lean implementation variance effect occurs even when organisations manage to get lean practices adopted, however, these practices do not always translate into the level of operational change and performance improvements required.
Get the full research briefing including all references
About our research briefings
Not a member?
Apply to join now and get:
- Weekly research briefings sent direct to you every week
- A copy of the Oxford Review containing between twelve and sixteen additional research briefings every month
- Research Infographics
- Video research briefings.
- Special reports / short literature reviews on topics that appear to be getting a lot of research attention or if there has been a recent shift in the thinking or theory
- The ability to request a watch list for new research in keyword areas (as long as it is within the realms of:
- Human resources (not legal aspects)
- Organisational development
- Organisational change
- Organisational learning
- Learning and development,
- Work Psychology
- Decision making
- Request specific research / brief literature reviews
- Access to the entire archive of previous research briefings, copies of the Oxford Review, infographics, video research briefings and special reports.
- Access to Live Reports – continually updated as new research on the topic is released
- Members only podcasts – research briefings in audio – coming soon
- Live continually updated reports
Be the most up-to-date person in the room
Be impressively well informed
Get the very latest research intelligence briefings, video research briefings, infographics and more sent direct to you as they are published
Be the most impressively well-informed and up-to-date person around...