Keywords: lean, lean thinking, management consulting, change management, lean implementation, learning, learning culture, organisational development
The concept of lean has grown from an operational set of tools to reduce waste and increase value into a complete management philosophy of excellence, that involves a range of other ‘soft’ factors, such as leadership, management, learning and engagement. Additionally, lean has spread from manufacturing into other areas such as services, health, aviation etc.
During the evolution and growth of lean and lean principles, factors such as organisational learning and knowledge management have come to the fore. This developing notion of lean focuses very much on employee engagement and participation in the development of a learning culture, in which the employee has ’voice’ and empowerment and, in essence, drives the learning and organisational development agenda and process.
Get the full research briefing including all references
About our research briefings
Not a member?
Apply to join now and get:
- Weekly research briefings sent direct to you every week
- A copy of the Oxford Review containing between twelve and sixteen additional research briefings every month
- Research Infographics
- Video research briefings.
- Special reports / short literature reviews on topics that appear to be getting a lot of research attention or if there has been a recent shift in the thinking or theory
- The ability to request a watch list for new research in keyword areas (as long as it is within the realms of:
- Human resources (not legal aspects)
- Organisational development
- Organisational change
- Organisational learning
- Learning and development,
- Work Psychology
- Decision making
- Request specific research / brief literature reviews
- Access to the entire archive of previous research briefings, copies of the Oxford Review, infographics, video research briefings and special reports.
- Access to Live Reports – continually updated as new research on the topic is released
- Members only podcasts – research briefings in audio – coming soon
- Live continually updated reports
Be the most up-to-date person in the room
Be impressively well informed
Get the very latest research intelligence briefings, video research briefings, infographics and more sent direct to you as they are published
Be the most impressively well-informed and up-to-date person around...