Keywords: inter-organisational projects, project management, change management, resistance to change, middle management, pacing, timing, business case, alignment
Any organisational or inter-organisational project is essentially about change. However, some projects are ostensibly about creating organisational change, as opposed to intra-organisational change. Whilst there are many, many research studies looking at project management, there are few that look at organisational change from a project management perspective, and fewer still that look at change from an inter-organisational project management perspective.
A new study from the Department of Organisation Sciences at the University of Amsterdam in the Netherlands has investigated what practitioners actually do during change projects in inter organisational settings. Inter-organisational projects are programmes of work carried out by ‘diversely skilled employees’ who work together, as a team, for a limited f time and who are from more than one organisation. In other words, inter-organisational projects involve a group of organisations cooperating and coordinating efforts to develop and deliver a complex service or product.
Get the full research briefing including all references
About our research briefings
Not a member?
Apply to join now and get:
- Weekly research briefings sent direct to you every week
- A copy of the Oxford Review containing between twelve and sixteen additional research briefings every month
- Research Infographics
- Video research briefings.
- Special reports / short literature reviews on topics that appear to be getting a lot of research attention or if there has been a recent shift in the thinking or theory
- The ability to request a watch list for new research in keyword areas (as long as it is within the realms of:
- Human resources (not legal aspects)
- Organisational development
- Organisational change
- Organisational learning
- Learning and development,
- Work Psychology
- Decision making
- Request specific research / brief literature reviews
- Access to the entire archive of previous research briefings, copies of the Oxford Review, infographics, video research briefings and special reports.
- Access to Live Reports – continually updated as new research on the topic is released
- Members only podcasts – research briefings in audio – coming soon
- Live continually updated reports
Be the most up-to-date person in the room
Be impressively well informed
Get the very latest research intelligence briefings, video research briefings, infographics and more sent direct to you as they are published
Be the most impressively well-informed and up-to-date person around...