Keywords: Performance management, lean, lean manufacturing, lean organisations, management control,
Lean principals of manufacture and the notion of performance management are practices that have developed and spread between organisations, both within the manufacturing sectors and outside of it. Both ‘lean’ and ‘performance management’ have become areas of significant focus operationally, strategically, and in terms of research activity.
However, hitherto few studies have looked at the connections between both lean and performance management and they have been treated as separate entities. This means that there has been little research and consideration about how performance management operates and what its outcomes are in a lean environment. It is important to look at the links between lean operating and what creates superior performance in organisations.
Get the full research briefing including all references
About our research briefings
Not a member?
Apply to join now and get:
- Weekly research briefings sent direct to you every week
- A copy of the Oxford Review containing between twelve and sixteen additional research briefings every month
- Research Infographics
- Video research briefings.
- Special reports / short literature reviews on topics that appear to be getting a lot of research attention or if there has been a recent shift in the thinking or theory
- The ability to request a watch list for new research in keyword areas (as long as it is within the realms of:
- Human resources (not legal aspects)
- Organisational development
- Organisational change
- Organisational learning
- Learning and development,
- Work Psychology
- Decision making
- Request specific research / brief literature reviews
- Access to the entire archive of previous research briefings, copies of the Oxford Review, infographics, video research briefings and special reports.
- Access to Live Reports – continually updated as new research on the topic is released
- Members only podcasts – research briefings in audio – coming soon
- Live continually updated reports
Be the most up-to-date person in the room
Be impressively well informed
Get the very latest research intelligence briefings, video research briefings, infographics and more sent direct to you as they are published
Be the most impressively well-informed and up-to-date person around...