Predicting successful job crafting: the role of personality and HR practices in making job crafting work
Keywords: job crafting, employee personality, HR practices, high involvement management, proactive personality, self-efficacy
Job design is usually seen as a top-down process whereby the leadership or a central function like human resources defines job roles and responsibilities, organisational structural relationship, and job delineation. However, a raft of recent research about job crafting, has found that this bottom-up approach to job design has many benefits.
Job crafting is the process whereby the employee changes the tasks, roles, responsibilities and work relationships in order to make the job fit better with the required organisational outcomes. Job crafting is a form of proactive behaviour that creates a better person-job-organisational outcome fit.
Get the full research briefing including all references
About our research briefings
Not a member?
Apply to join now and get:
- Weekly research briefings sent direct to you every week
- A copy of the Oxford Review containing between twelve and sixteen additional research briefings every month
- Research Infographics
- Video research briefings.
- Special reports / short literature reviews on topics that appear to be getting a lot of research attention or if there has been a recent shift in the thinking or theory
- The ability to request a watch list for new research in keyword areas (as long as it is within the realms of:
- Human resources (not legal aspects)
- Organisational development
- Organisational change
- Organisational learning
- Learning and development,
- Work Psychology
- Decision making
- Request specific research / brief literature reviews
- Access to the entire archive of previous research briefings, copies of the Oxford Review, infographics, video research briefings and special reports.
- Access to Live Reports – continually updated as new research on the topic is released
- Members only podcasts – research briefings in audio – coming soon
- Live continually updated reports
Be the most up-to-date person in the room
Be impressively well informed
Get the very latest research intelligence briefings, video research briefings, infographics and more sent direct to you as they are published
Be the most impressively well-informed and up-to-date person around...