A new study published in the International Journal of Project Management looking at reducing risks in megaprojects (costing $1 billion or more) focused on the risks associated with protests. Protests can either be organised or individuals aimed at throwing a spanner in the works and disrupting or preventing either the entire project from going ahead or some aspect of it.
Atacama Desert gold mine
Traditionally, certain international mining firms have been known to pay little heed to the indigenous and local residents when they come in and develop a site for an open cast mine for example. Where there is a despotic government some horrendous crimes against the locals have been committed, and not just in wrecking the
environment. In democratic countries local dissent however has resulted in such projects being significantly delayed or even cancelled altogether.
Get the full research briefing including all references
About our research briefings
Not a member?
Apply to join now and get:
- Weekly research briefings sent direct to you every week
- A copy of the Oxford Review containing between twelve and sixteen additional research briefings every month
- Research Infographics
- Video research briefings.
- Special reports / short literature reviews on topics that appear to be getting a lot of research attention or if there has been a recent shift in the thinking or theory
- The ability to request a watch list for new research in keyword areas (as long as it is within the realms of:
- Human resources (not legal aspects)
- Organisational development
- Organisational change
- Organisational learning
- Learning and development,
- Work Psychology
- Decision making
- Request specific research / brief literature reviews
- Access to the entire archive of previous research briefings, copies of the Oxford Review, infographics, video research briefings and special reports.
- Access to Live Reports – continually updated as new research on the topic is released
- Members only podcasts – research briefings in audio – coming soon
- Live continually updated reports
Be the most up-to-date person in the room
Be impressively well informed
Get the very latest research intelligence briefings, video research briefings, infographics and more sent direct to you as they are published
Be the most impressively well-informed and up-to-date person around...