Keywords: morality, ethics, character, values, nine types of temperament model, ethical behaviour
In recent years there has been increasing interest, both within organisations, governments and research, in improving standards of ethical and moral behaviour, both in organisations and public life. Many of the avenues of research and organisational interest have been focused on moral cognition (recognising and thinking about ethical and moral aspects to situations and behaviour) and individual moral and ethical development.
Morals and ethics
Whilst the terms morals and ethics are usually used interchangeably within normal language usage, they are, in fact, quite different concepts:
- Ethics refers to a set of rules or standards provided by an external source, such as a professional association or workplace behavioural standards or codes of conduct, for example.
- Morals refer to an individual’s own principles, regarding what they see to be right and wrong.
Get the full research briefing including all references
About our research briefings
Not a member?
Apply to join now and get:
- Weekly research briefings sent direct to you every week
- A copy of the Oxford Review containing between twelve and sixteen additional research briefings every month
- Research Infographics
- Video research briefings.
- Special reports / short literature reviews on topics that appear to be getting a lot of research attention or if there has been a recent shift in the thinking or theory
- The ability to request a watch list for new research in keyword areas (as long as it is within the realms of:
- Human resources (not legal aspects)
- Organisational development
- Organisational change
- Organisational learning
- Learning and development,
- Work Psychology
- Decision making
- Request specific research / brief literature reviews
- Access to the entire archive of previous research briefings, copies of the Oxford Review, infographics, video research briefings and special reports.
- Access to Live Reports – continually updated as new research on the topic is released
- Members only podcasts – research briefings in audio – coming soon
- Live continually updated reports
Be the most up-to-date person in the room
Be impressively well informed
Get the very latest research intelligence briefings, video research briefings, infographics and more sent direct to you as they are published
Be the most impressively well-informed and up-to-date person around...