Keywords: Coaching, solution-focused cognitive-behavioural coaching, engagement and well-being matrix, Performance, Well-Being, Mental health
A number of previous studies have found that solution-focused cognitive-behavioural coaching can be effective both at increasing performance and dealing with stress and burnout. One of the problems organisations face is that a focus primarily on performance tends to have a series of negative consequences including stress, fatigue and burnout. Indeed, there is research evidence to suggest that there is a stress and burnout epidemic, as a result of organisations’ relentless focus on performance.
The issue is how to balance performance with well-being in an organisational setting. A number of recent studies have found that coaching can significantly reduce stress, anxiety, depression and burnout through a number of ways. These can include better time management, healthier cognitive perspectives, better task management, better prioritisation as well as a range of other practices’ such as meditation, cognitive-behavioural techniques et cetera.
Get the full research briefing including all references
About our research briefings
Not a member?
Apply to join now and get:
- Weekly research briefings sent direct to you every week
- A copy of the Oxford Review containing between twelve and sixteen additional research briefings every month
- Research Infographics
- Video research briefings.
- Special reports / short literature reviews on topics that appear to be getting a lot of research attention or if there has been a recent shift in the thinking or theory
- The ability to request a watch list for new research in keyword areas (as long as it is within the realms of:
- Human resources (not legal aspects)
- Organisational development
- Organisational change
- Organisational learning
- Learning and development,
- Work Psychology
- Decision making
- Request specific research / brief literature reviews
- Access to the entire archive of previous research briefings, copies of the Oxford Review, infographics, video research briefings and special reports.
- Access to Live Reports – continually updated as new research on the topic is released
- Members only podcasts – research briefings in audio – coming soon
- Live continually updated reports
Be the most up-to-date person in the room
Be impressively well informed
Get the very latest research intelligence briefings, video research briefings, infographics and more sent direct to you as they are published
Be the most impressively well-informed and up-to-date person around...