Keywords: Human Resources, Human Capital, HRIS, Human Resources Information Systems, HR capabilities, change
Human resources functions in organisations have been in continual evolution over the last 30 to 40 years. Recently, however, with the advent of Human Resources Information Systems or HRIS, there has been a significant shift from HR as a personnel department to HR as a strategic partner helping organisations achieve competitive advantage.
A new study has charted this shift and has analysed the trends. As a result the study is able to make recommendations about the next steps for HRIS.
In essence, the study is looking at the impact that HRIS has had on human resources functions over the last 24 or so years.
Get the full research briefing including all references
About our research briefings
Not a member?
Apply to join now and get:
- Weekly research briefings sent direct to you every week
- A copy of the Oxford Review containing between twelve and sixteen additional research briefings every month
- Research Infographics
- Video research briefings.
- Special reports / short literature reviews on topics that appear to be getting a lot of research attention or if there has been a recent shift in the thinking or theory
- The ability to request a watch list for new research in keyword areas (as long as it is within the realms of:
- Human resources (not legal aspects)
- Organisational development
- Organisational change
- Organisational learning
- Learning and development,
- Work Psychology
- Decision making
- Request specific research / brief literature reviews
- Access to the entire archive of previous research briefings, copies of the Oxford Review, infographics, video research briefings and special reports.
- Access to Live Reports – continually updated as new research on the topic is released
- Members only podcasts – research briefings in audio – coming soon
- Live continually updated reports
Be the most up-to-date person in the room
Be impressively well informed
Get the very latest research intelligence briefings, video research briefings, infographics and more sent direct to you as they are published
Be the most impressively well-informed and up-to-date person around...