The conventional thinking that you need change orientated employees to enable organisational change may not be correct
Keywords: organisational capacity for change, mind-set, organisational change, organisational culture
One of the key concepts in the organisational change arena is the idea of OCC or organisational capacity for change. Organisational capacity for change refers to a dynamic, responsive and multi-dimensional capability to update and revise its existing capabilities and competencies, whilst cultivating new capabilities and competencies, so that the organisation can survive and prosper. Organisational capacity for change is a central issue for organisational ambidexterity – the ability of an organisation to be able to innovate and exploit.
Research over the last 20 years has increasingly identified that the cognitive aspects of human change. How people think and orient themselves towards change, or not, is a critical element of change success. Part of these cognitive aspects is what has been termed ‘mind-set’.
Get the full research briefing including all references
About our research briefings
Not a member?
Apply to join now and get:
- Weekly research briefings sent direct to you every week
- A copy of the Oxford Review containing between twelve and sixteen additional research briefings every month
- Research Infographics
- Video research briefings.
- Special reports / short literature reviews on topics that appear to be getting a lot of research attention or if there has been a recent shift in the thinking or theory
- The ability to request a watch list for new research in keyword areas (as long as it is within the realms of:
- Human resources (not legal aspects)
- Organisational development
- Organisational change
- Organisational learning
- Learning and development,
- Work Psychology
- Decision making
- Request specific research / brief literature reviews
- Access to the entire archive of previous research briefings, copies of the Oxford Review, infographics, video research briefings and special reports.
- Access to Live Reports – continually updated as new research on the topic is released
- Members only podcasts – research briefings in audio – coming soon
- Live continually updated reports
Be the most up-to-date person in the room
Be impressively well informed
Get the very latest research intelligence briefings, video research briefings, infographics and more sent direct to you as they are published
Be the most impressively well-informed and up-to-date person around...