Keywords: coping, coping strategies, psychometric, assessment, resilience
In our continuing quest to fight the pseudo instruments and assessments that proliferate organisations and find and bring you valid and reliable assessments this week we bring you the COPE Scale, or the shortened version of it. This assesses people coping strategies when they are face with difficulty. Unlike many other instruments, The Cape Scale doesn’t give you a final score but rather gives you a coping profile that can be extremely useful for helping people develop healthier coping strategies and resilience.
This research briefing is essential reading for anyone engaged in well-being, resilience or is generally interesting in find out more about coping strategies and creating coping profiles. This is also a very useful tool for teams to understand how each member copes with difficulties.
Get the full research briefing including all references
About our research briefings
Not a member?
Apply to join now and get:
- Weekly research briefings sent direct to you every week
- A copy of the Oxford Review containing between twelve and sixteen additional research briefings every month
- Research Infographics
- Video research briefings.
- Special reports / short literature reviews on topics that appear to be getting a lot of research attention or if there has been a recent shift in the thinking or theory
- The ability to request a watch list for new research in keyword areas (as long as it is within the realms of:
- Human resources (not legal aspects)
- Organisational development
- Organisational change
- Organisational learning
- Learning and development,
- Work Psychology
- Decision making
- Request specific research / brief literature reviews
- Access to the entire archive of previous research briefings, copies of the Oxford Review, infographics, video research briefings and special reports.
- Access to Live Reports – continually updated as new research on the topic is released
- Members only podcasts – research briefings in audio – coming soon
- Live continually updated reports
Be the most up-to-date person in the room
Be impressively well informed
Get the very latest research intelligence briefings, video research briefings, infographics and more sent direct to you as they are published
Be the most impressively well-informed and up-to-date person around...