Keywords: absorptive capacity, learning, organisational learning, knowledge management, supply chain, supply chain flexibility, dynamic environments, change
In these days of dynamic and rapidly changing markets and environments, general organisational flexibility and adaptability are key components for a competitive advantage and organisational sustainability.
Political, economic, social, technological, environmental and legal changes external to an organisation frequently have a significant impact on an organisation’s operations and viability. The ability of an organisation to be able to adapt and respond positively is a key organisational trait, particularly in times of volatility and change. Recently, attention has turned to how to increase the level of adaptability and flexibility within organisational supply chains.
Continued supply of materials and equipment during times of rapid change and volatility, including pricing fluctuations and political/economic upheaval, is a critical survival and success issue.
Little research has been conducted looking at what it is that facilitates supply chain flexibility and how organisations can develop a flexible supply chain strategy.
Get the full research briefing including all references
About our research briefings
Not a member?
Apply to join now and get:
- Weekly research briefings sent direct to you every week
- A copy of the Oxford Review containing between twelve and sixteen additional research briefings every month
- Research Infographics
- Video research briefings.
- Special reports / short literature reviews on topics that appear to be getting a lot of research attention or if there has been a recent shift in the thinking or theory
- The ability to request a watch list for new research in keyword areas (as long as it is within the realms of:
- Human resources (not legal aspects)
- Organisational development
- Organisational change
- Organisational learning
- Learning and development,
- Work Psychology
- Decision making
- Request specific research / brief literature reviews
- Access to the entire archive of previous research briefings, copies of the Oxford Review, infographics, video research briefings and special reports.
- Access to Live Reports – continually updated as new research on the topic is released
- Members only podcasts – research briefings in audio – coming soon
- Live continually updated reports
Be the most up-to-date person in the room
Be impressively well informed
Get the very latest research intelligence briefings, video research briefings, infographics and more sent direct to you as they are published
Be the most impressively well-informed and up-to-date person around...