The emperor’s new clothes: Bringing new knowledge into an organisation – the role of management consultants
Keywords: management consulting, knowledge management, organisational knowledge, organisational learning, knowledge reuse
One of the most important organisational resources in any organisation is knowledge. Knowledge is the basis by which any organisation creates value and competitive advantage. This includes explicit knowledge of things and tacit knowledge or know-how. The centrality of knowledge in the development of organisations and their functioning has resulted in a massive amount of research around this area.
Organisations generate their own knowledge and obtain knowledge from other organisations and academic research. Indeed, external knowledge has become so important for organisations that an entire industry has developed and is growing based on providing organisations with external knowledge – namely management consulting.
Get the full research briefing including all references
About our research briefings
Not a member?
Apply to join now and get:
- Weekly research briefings sent direct to you every week
- A copy of the Oxford Review containing between twelve and sixteen additional research briefings every month
- Research Infographics
- Video research briefings.
- Special reports / short literature reviews on topics that appear to be getting a lot of research attention or if there has been a recent shift in the thinking or theory
- The ability to request a watch list for new research in keyword areas (as long as it is within the realms of:
- Human resources (not legal aspects)
- Organisational development
- Organisational change
- Organisational learning
- Learning and development,
- Work Psychology
- Decision making
- Request specific research / brief literature reviews
- Access to the entire archive of previous research briefings, copies of the Oxford Review, infographics, video research briefings and special reports.
- Access to Live Reports – continually updated as new research on the topic is released
- Members only podcasts – research briefings in audio – coming soon
- Live continually updated reports
Be the most up-to-date person in the room
Be impressively well informed
Get the very latest research intelligence briefings, video research briefings, infographics and more sent direct to you as they are published
Be the most impressively well-informed and up-to-date person around...