Keywords: leadership, game-based learning, skills, leadership styles, leadership development
Game-based learning as an approach to developing leadership skills has been attracting a lot of attention from researchers and practitioners alike. Game-based learning uses a variety of different technologies to enhance and deepen learning and has been successfully used in a variety of different fields. However, it has not as yet been widely tested as a method for developing leadership skills.
This research briefing looks at a study that looked to:
- Identify which leadership skills could be developed in a game context
- Identify whether a training programme using game-based learning could lead to new leadership styles that were relevant in an organisational context.
Get the full research briefing including all references
About our research briefings
Not a member?
Apply to join now and get:
- Weekly research briefings sent direct to you every week
- A copy of the Oxford Review containing between twelve and sixteen additional research briefings every month
- Research Infographics
- Video research briefings.
- Special reports / short literature reviews on topics that appear to be getting a lot of research attention or if there has been a recent shift in the thinking or theory
- The ability to request a watch list for new research in keyword areas (as long as it is within the realms of:
- Human resources (not legal aspects)
- Organisational development
- Organisational change
- Organisational learning
- Learning and development,
- Work Psychology
- Decision making
- Request specific research / brief literature reviews
- Access to the entire archive of previous research briefings, copies of the Oxford Review, infographics, video research briefings and special reports.
- Access to Live Reports – continually updated as new research on the topic is released
- Members only podcasts – research briefings in audio – coming soon
- Live continually updated reports
Be the most up-to-date person in the room
Be impressively well informed
Get the very latest research intelligence briefings, video research briefings, infographics and more sent direct to you as they are published
Be the most impressively well-informed and up-to-date person around...