Keywords: big data, big data analytics, organisational transformation, organisational change, evidence-based practice
Big data analytics refers to the analysis and interpretation of data sets that are so large and complex that normal methods of analysis and software are inadequate to deal with them. There are considered to be five dimensions of big data:
The idea behind big data is to be able to spot trends and patterns in incredibly large datasets, that may come from a variety of sources and, at first sight, appear unconnected. Big data also looks at information that is disparate and seemingly unconnected, or that occurs either over very long periods of time or incredibly fast (seconds or even nanoseconds) and usually has a lot of predictive value.
Get the full research briefing including all references
About our research briefings
Not a member?
Apply to join now and get:
- Weekly research briefings sent direct to you every week
- A copy of the Oxford Review containing between twelve and sixteen additional research briefings every month
- Research Infographics
- Video research briefings.
- Special reports / short literature reviews on topics that appear to be getting a lot of research attention or if there has been a recent shift in the thinking or theory
- The ability to request a watch list for new research in keyword areas (as long as it is within the realms of:
- Human resources (not legal aspects)
- Organisational development
- Organisational change
- Organisational learning
- Learning and development,
- Work Psychology
- Decision making
- Request specific research / brief literature reviews
- Access to the entire archive of previous research briefings, copies of the Oxford Review, infographics, video research briefings and special reports.
- Access to Live Reports – continually updated as new research on the topic is released
- Members only podcasts – research briefings in audio – coming soon
- Live continually updated reports
Be the most up-to-date person in the room
Be impressively well informed
Get the very latest research intelligence briefings, video research briefings, infographics and more sent direct to you as they are published
Be the most impressively well-informed and up-to-date person around...