Keywords: strategy, strategy implementation, timing, strategy timing, strategic implementation, dilemma
Developing and executing a strategy successfully takes more than just strategy formation and execution. A range of previous studies over the last 30 years have shown that getting the timing right when implementing a strategy is every bit as vital as its execution. The timing of the strategic move can make the difference between success and failure. Understanding not only when the optimal time to implement a strategy is, but also understanding how to pace strategy implementation are critical factors in successful strategy execution.
A new study by researchers has looked at the issue of strategic timing and found that there are four primary dilemmas facing leaders and managers trying to get the timing of their strategy right…
About our research briefings
Not a member?
Apply to join now and get:
- Weekly research briefings sent direct to you every week
- A copy of the Oxford Review containing between twelve and sixteen additional research briefings every month
- Research Infographics
- Video research briefings.
- Special reports / short literature reviews on topics that appear to be getting a lot of research attention or if there has been a recent shift in the thinking or theory
- The ability to request a watch list for new research in keyword areas (as long as it is within the realms of:
- Human resources (not legal aspects)
- Organisational development
- Organisational change
- Organisational learning
- Learning and development,
- Work Psychology
- Decision making
- Request specific research / brief literature reviews
- Access to the entire archive of previous research briefings, copies of the Oxford Review, infographics, video research briefings and special reports.
- Access to Live Reports – continually updated as new research on the topic is released
- Members only podcasts – research briefings in audio – coming soon
- Live continually updated reports
Be the most up-to-date person in the room
Be impressively well informed
Get the very latest research intelligence briefings, video research briefings, infographics and more sent direct to you as they are published
Be the most impressively well-informed and up-to-date person around...