Keywords: organisations, organisational development, hierarchical erosion, perception, organisational alignment
Whilst it is pretty obvious that organisations are a coalition of individuals, who, whilst coming together to coordinate their actions in order to further the aims of the organisation or company, many, if not all, of the individuals within an organisation will have their own interests, goals and perceptions. Further, many of the people within an organisation find that their own interests, goals and perceptions frequently compete and conflict with others’ interests, goals and perceptions.
Clearly, this has consequences for aligning and coordinating people’s efforts within an organisation and should be of considerable interest to leaders and managers. One area of research interest in this area that has not been systematically looked at is whether there are layers or commonalities of interests, goals and perceptions at different hierarchical levels within organisations.
Get the full research briefing including all references
About our research briefings
Not a member?
Apply to join now and get:
- Weekly research briefings sent direct to you every week
- A copy of the Oxford Review containing between twelve and sixteen additional research briefings every month
- Research Infographics
- Video research briefings.
- Special reports / short literature reviews on topics that appear to be getting a lot of research attention or if there has been a recent shift in the thinking or theory
- The ability to request a watch list for new research in keyword areas (as long as it is within the realms of:
- Human resources (not legal aspects)
- Organisational development
- Organisational change
- Organisational learning
- Learning and development,
- Work Psychology
- Decision making
- Request specific research / brief literature reviews
- Access to the entire archive of previous research briefings, copies of the Oxford Review, infographics, video research briefings and special reports.
- Access to Live Reports – continually updated as new research on the topic is released
- Members only podcasts – research briefings in audio – coming soon
- Live continually updated reports
Be the most up-to-date person in the room
Be impressively well informed
Get the very latest research intelligence briefings, video research briefings, infographics and more sent direct to you as they are published
Be the most impressively well-informed and up-to-date person around...