Keywords: learning, organisational learning, learning environment, knowledge sharing, knowledge management, employee engagement, creativity, productivity
Many organisations these days place a strong emphasis on creating a positive learning environment within which employees, managers and leaders are strongly encouraged to be flexible, creative and to learn. The usefulness of creating a learning organisation is pretty much beyond doubt. Many previous studies have shown that learning organisations tend to be significantly more adaptable, long-term, profitable and productive. Further, recent studies have found that creating a positive learning environment within an organisation:
- Improves its competitive outlook
- Motivates employees
- Increases both cognitive and behavioural adaptation to change
- Improves organisational flexibility
- Enhances skills and capabilities development
- Improves employee retention.
So, whilst there is a lot of evidence to support the assertion that ‘learning organisations’ tend to do better on a range of measures, there has until now been little research around the impact of employees’ perceptions of the organisation’s learning environment.
Get the full research briefing including all references
About our research briefings
Not a member?
Apply to join now and get:
- Weekly research briefings sent direct to you every week
- A copy of the Oxford Review containing between twelve and sixteen additional research briefings every month
- Research Infographics
- Video research briefings.
- Special reports / short literature reviews on topics that appear to be getting a lot of research attention or if there has been a recent shift in the thinking or theory
- The ability to request a watch list for new research in keyword areas (as long as it is within the realms of:
- Human resources (not legal aspects)
- Organisational development
- Organisational change
- Organisational learning
- Learning and development,
- Work Psychology
- Decision making
- Request specific research / brief literature reviews
- Access to the entire archive of previous research briefings, copies of the Oxford Review, infographics, video research briefings and special reports.
- Access to Live Reports – continually updated as new research on the topic is released
- Members only podcasts – research briefings in audio – coming soon
- Live continually updated reports
Be the most up-to-date person in the room
Be impressively well informed
Get the very latest research intelligence briefings, video research briefings, infographics and more sent direct to you as they are published
Be the most impressively well-informed and up-to-date person around...