Keywords: recruitment, organisational values, HRM, human resources, human resource management, values-in-action
The vast majority of recruiting these days is done online; a recent survey (2015) found that 100% of large organisations in the West now use internet-based recruiting systems to find and attract applicants. Largely, these web-based systems focus on using social media channels, as well as other job and recruitment specific websites, portals and services, in order to find and attract the highest quality candidates.
A new study
A new study conducted by researchers from universities in Texas, USA has looked at the impact and effectiveness of the following on attracting and securing the right candidates with the attitudes, skills, achievement orientation and relationship orientation the organisation is looking for:
- Engineering which values are displayed online through the website and recruiting messages on e-recruiting platforms.
- Providing contact (or not) with existing employees within the organisation.
Get the full research briefing including all references
About our research briefings
Not a member?
Apply to join now and get:
- Weekly research briefings sent direct to you every week
- A copy of the Oxford Review containing between twelve and sixteen additional research briefings every month
- Research Infographics
- Video research briefings.
- Special reports / short literature reviews on topics that appear to be getting a lot of research attention or if there has been a recent shift in the thinking or theory
- The ability to request a watch list for new research in keyword areas (as long as it is within the realms of:
- Human resources (not legal aspects)
- Organisational development
- Organisational change
- Organisational learning
- Learning and development,
- Work Psychology
- Decision making
- Request specific research / brief literature reviews
- Access to the entire archive of previous research briefings, copies of the Oxford Review, infographics, video research briefings and special reports.
- Access to Live Reports – continually updated as new research on the topic is released
- Members only podcasts – research briefings in audio – coming soon
- Live continually updated reports
Be the most up-to-date person in the room
Be impressively well informed
Get the very latest research intelligence briefings, video research briefings, infographics and more sent direct to you as they are published
Be the most impressively well-informed and up-to-date person around...