Research Briefings in this edition of the Oxford Review:
Why Nokia lost the smartphone war and what your organisation urgently needs to know before it’s too late
Keywords: Organisations culture, Disruptive innovation, Innovation, Organisational ambidexterity
New study: How emotional intelligence and emotional resilience breed adaptability, better performance and greater job satisfaction
Keywords: Emotional intelligence, Emotional resilience, Emotion Regulation, Adaptability, Job satisfaction, Job performance
A research paper just published in the Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services reports on a study that looks at what it is that helps create adaptability in employees, particularly frontline staff.
The researchers looked at a large sample of 711 frontline staff and measured their level of adaptability, their level of job satisfaction, performance and emotional intelligence.
How does the senior management of a company affect the brand? Let me count the ways…
Keywords: Leadership, Leadership research, Organisational development, Brand, Management, Management research
It has been pretty much accepted that senior management can have a major impact on the delivery to the customer of a brand’s values and vision. However, very little work has been done to look at exactly what the impact is and how it works.
In a study just published, a team of researchers surveyed 226 staff in the hospitality industry to see not only what impact senior managers have on their organisation’s brand but also how this occurs.
Organisational change: building support across different stakeholders
Not a member?
Apply to join now and get:
- Weekly research briefings sent direct to you every week
- A copy of the Oxford Review containing between twelve and sixteen additional research briefings every month
- Research Infographics
- Video research briefings.
- Special reports / short literature reviews on topics that appear to be getting a lot of research attention or if there has been a recent shift in the thinking or theory
- The ability to request a watch list for new research in keyword areas (as long as it is within the realms of:
- Human resources (not legal aspects)
- Organisational development
- Organisational change
- Organisational learning
- Learning and development,
- Work Psychology
- Decision making
- Request specific research / brief literature reviews
- Access to the entire archive of previous research briefings, copies of the Oxford Review, infographics, video research briefings and special reports.
- Access to Live Reports – continually updated as new research on the topic is released
- Members only podcasts – research briefings in audio – coming soon
- Live continually updated reports
Be the most up-to-date person in the room
Be impressively well informed
Get the very latest research intelligence briefings, video research briefings, infographics and more sent direct to you as they are published
Be the most impressively well-informed and up-to-date person around...