Keywords: positive organisational leadership, leadership, positive organisational scholarship, leadership development, positive deviance, organisational development
Positive organisational scholarship is part of the recent interest in positive psychology and positive organisational development and refers to organisational approaches to developing a more positive working environment for employees and developing a positive set of thinking, attitudes, emotions and behaviours towards performance. The idea of positive organisational scholarship started in 2003 and has four key elements:
- Self-efficacy, or confidence in one’s ability to do something and achieve one’s goals
- Hope, or having positive expectations and goals outcomes
- Optimism, or having a generally positive outlook on the future
This research briefing will be extremely useful to leaders and anyone involved in leadership development, executive coaching or interested generally in the growing positive psychology movement.
About our research briefings
Not a member?
Apply to join now and get:
- Weekly research briefings sent direct to you every week
- A copy of the Oxford Review containing between twelve and sixteen additional research briefings every month
- Research Infographics
- Video research briefings.
- Special reports / short literature reviews on topics that appear to be getting a lot of research attention or if there has been a recent shift in the thinking or theory
- The ability to request a watch list for new research in keyword areas (as long as it is within the realms of:
- Human resources (not legal aspects)
- Organisational development
- Organisational change
- Organisational learning
- Learning and development,
- Work Psychology
- Decision making
- Request specific research / brief literature reviews
- Access to the entire archive of previous research briefings, copies of the Oxford Review, infographics, video research briefings and special reports.
- Access to Live Reports – continually updated as new research on the topic is released
- Members only podcasts – research briefings in audio – coming soon
- Live continually updated reports
Be the most up-to-date person in the room
Be impressively well informed
Get the very latest research intelligence briefings, video research briefings, infographics and more sent direct to you as they are published
Be the most impressively well-informed and up-to-date person around...