Keywords: work engagement, engagement, transformational leadership, proactive personality
One of the more popular issues in research and organisational enquiry is that of how to increase employees’ work engagement. People who have high levels of work engagement tend to be more committed, both to their work and tasks, as well as to the organisation’s values and goals. Additionally, people who are highly engaged at work are also significantly more likely to display organisational citizenship behaviours and employee voice, whereby they are likely to go above and beyond what is required of them by their job description.
Alongside the intense interest in engagement at work, two other constructs have been getting increasing interest over recent years. These are transformational leadership and proactive personality.
This research briefing looks at a new study that examines whether transformational always lead to work engagement? In doing so it unmasks some assumptions held about transformational leadership and work engagement. As a result this briefing is of particular interest to leaders, anyone involved in HR, organisational development, leadership development, coaching and learning.
Get the full research briefing including all references
About our research briefings
Not a member?
Apply to join now and get:
- Weekly research briefings sent direct to you every week
- A copy of the Oxford Review containing between twelve and sixteen additional research briefings every month
- Research Infographics
- Video research briefings.
- Special reports / short literature reviews on topics that appear to be getting a lot of research attention or if there has been a recent shift in the thinking or theory
- The ability to request a watch list for new research in keyword areas (as long as it is within the realms of:
- Human resources (not legal aspects)
- Organisational development
- Organisational change
- Organisational learning
- Learning and development,
- Work Psychology
- Decision making
- Request specific research / brief literature reviews
- Access to the entire archive of previous research briefings, copies of the Oxford Review, infographics, video research briefings and special reports.
- Access to Live Reports – continually updated as new research on the topic is released
- Members only podcasts – research briefings in audio – coming soon
- Live continually updated reports
Be the most up-to-date person in the room
Be impressively well informed
Get the very latest research intelligence briefings, video research briefings, infographics and more sent direct to you as they are published
Be the most impressively well-informed and up-to-date person around...