Keywords: evidence-based practice, practice-based evidence, evidence-based practice implementation,
One of the primary issues of evidence-based practice implementation is how to get people in organisations to integrate their day-to-day practices with the best research. Practitioners and organisations tend to be largely practice focused, making decisions mainly based on a mix of experience, cultural precedents, organisational procedures, policies, systems and internal data. Integrating good research into this practicebased process is frequently not a simple development.
As any evidence-based practitioner will know, there is a wealth of useful research out there, to help to make more informed and better decisions. Ignoring this source of information (research evidence), which is often garnered from wider sources than those used in decision-making within organisations, can lead to incomplete or faulty decision-making. Further, the ability of an organisation to find and assimilate good research findings can lead to significant innovation and organisational improvements.
Get the full research briefing including all references
About our research briefings
Not a member?
Apply to join now and get:
- Weekly research briefings sent direct to you every week
- A copy of the Oxford Review containing between twelve and sixteen additional research briefings every month
- Research Infographics
- Video research briefings.
- Special reports / short literature reviews on topics that appear to be getting a lot of research attention or if there has been a recent shift in the thinking or theory
- The ability to request a watch list for new research in keyword areas (as long as it is within the realms of:
- Human resources (not legal aspects)
- Organisational development
- Organisational change
- Organisational learning
- Learning and development,
- Work Psychology
- Decision making
- Request specific research / brief literature reviews
- Access to the entire archive of previous research briefings, copies of the Oxford Review, infographics, video research briefings and special reports.
- Access to Live Reports – continually updated as new research on the topic is released
- Members only podcasts – research briefings in audio – coming soon
- Live continually updated reports
Be the most up-to-date person in the room
Be impressively well informed
Get the very latest research intelligence briefings, video research briefings, infographics and more sent direct to you as they are published
Be the most impressively well-informed and up-to-date person around...