Keywords: coaching, coaches, executive coaching, psychology, positive psychology
There has been an explosion in interest in positive psychology over the last 20 years and, whilst many of the findings from this discipline found their way into the health, psychotherapy and psychology literature, little has crossed over into real-world coaching.
Martin Seligman, president of the American Psychological Association (APA) in the late 1990s, noted that psychology tends to be largely concerned with the problems, negative emotions and issues that people have. Since then, however, the emerging field of positive psychology has gone from strength to strength. So, whilst the discipline of positive psychology has started to mature and develop, only small amounts of the research findings from this area have found their way into practical coaching.
Get the full research briefing including all references
About our research briefings
Not a member?
Apply to join now and get:
- Weekly research briefings sent direct to you every week
- A copy of the Oxford Review containing between twelve and sixteen additional research briefings every month
- Research Infographics
- Video research briefings.
- Special reports / short literature reviews on topics that appear to be getting a lot of research attention or if there has been a recent shift in the thinking or theory
- The ability to request a watch list for new research in keyword areas (as long as it is within the realms of:
- Human resources (not legal aspects)
- Organisational development
- Organisational change
- Organisational learning
- Learning and development,
- Work Psychology
- Decision making
- Request specific research / brief literature reviews
- Access to the entire archive of previous research briefings, copies of the Oxford Review, infographics, video research briefings and special reports.
- Access to Live Reports – continually updated as new research on the topic is released
- Members only podcasts – research briefings in audio – coming soon
- Live continually updated reports
Be the most up-to-date person in the room
Be impressively well informed
Get the very latest research intelligence briefings, video research briefings, infographics and more sent direct to you as they are published
Be the most impressively well-informed and up-to-date person around...