Keywords: open innovation, innovation, external knowledge, knowledge management, collaboration, openness, learning, organisational flexibility, entrepreneurial orientation, technology, reward system, incentives
One of the hot topics at the moment is open innovation. Open innovation really refers to an information age mind-set towards innovation. The idea is to purposefully seek out external knowledge and ideas. The assumption is that organisations can and should leverage external knowledge and not just focus on their own internal knowledge creation and innovation .
One of the more recent descriptions of open innovation is that it is “a distributed innovation process based on purposively managed knowledge flows across organizational boundaries, using pecuniary and non-pecuniary mechanisms in line with the organization’s business model”.
This study looks at what conditions help to get open innovation going in an organisation and include the five primary capabilities an organisation needs to make open innovation work…
About our research briefings
Not a member?
Apply to join now and get:
- Weekly research briefings sent direct to you every week
- A copy of the Oxford Review containing between twelve and sixteen additional research briefings every month
- Research Infographics
- Video research briefings.
- Special reports / short literature reviews on topics that appear to be getting a lot of research attention or if there has been a recent shift in the thinking or theory
- The ability to request a watch list for new research in keyword areas (as long as it is within the realms of:
- Human resources (not legal aspects)
- Organisational development
- Organisational change
- Organisational learning
- Learning and development,
- Work Psychology
- Decision making
- Request specific research / brief literature reviews
- Access to the entire archive of previous research briefings, copies of the Oxford Review, infographics, video research briefings and special reports.
- Access to Live Reports – continually updated as new research on the topic is released
- Members only podcasts – research briefings in audio – coming soon
- Live continually updated reports
Be the most up-to-date person in the room
Be impressively well informed
Get the very latest research intelligence briefings, video research briefings, infographics and more sent direct to you as they are published
Be the most impressively well-informed and up-to-date person around...