Keywords: coaching, coaching effectiveness, learning, learning and development, workplace coaching, self-efficacy, coaching motivation, goal orientation, learning goal orientation, trust, interpersonal attraction, feedback intervention, supervisory support
Workplace coaching has become one of the fastest growing learning and development interventions in organisations today. It is estimated that there are more than 100,000 workplace coaches around the world.
There is little question about the potential effectiveness of workplace coaching, with
many previous studies showing that such interventions can have a positive effect on:
- employee performance
- organisational performance
- workplace effectiveness
- improved working practices
- enhanced organisational citizenship behaviours
- better working relationships
- improved levels of flexibility
and a range of other reported and evidenced benefits. However, there is still much to be done, in terms of research, on what factors predict effective workplace coaching.
Get the full research briefing including all references
About our research briefings
Not a member?
Apply to join now and get:
- Weekly research briefings sent direct to you every week
- A copy of the Oxford Review containing between twelve and sixteen additional research briefings every month
- Research Infographics
- Video research briefings.
- Special reports / short literature reviews on topics that appear to be getting a lot of research attention or if there has been a recent shift in the thinking or theory
- The ability to request a watch list for new research in keyword areas (as long as it is within the realms of:
- Human resources (not legal aspects)
- Organisational development
- Organisational change
- Organisational learning
- Learning and development,
- Work Psychology
- Decision making
- Request specific research / brief literature reviews
- Access to the entire archive of previous research briefings, copies of the Oxford Review, infographics, video research briefings and special reports.
- Access to Live Reports – continually updated as new research on the topic is released
- Members only podcasts – research briefings in audio – coming soon
- Live continually updated reports
Be the most up-to-date person in the room
Be impressively well informed
Get the very latest research intelligence briefings, video research briefings, infographics and more sent direct to you as they are published
Be the most impressively well-informed and up-to-date person around...